How Much Does It Cost To Patch A Concrete Driveway?
Patch Concrete Driveway Costs
Patching a concrete driveway is a very common method for improving the appearance and/or functionality of the damaged surface. The cost to apply average concrete patches depends upon the area and condition of the surface and damages, the type of patch, special preparation needs, and the cost of labor.
The rubberized and synthetic fillers and patches are often simplest and most affordable, but for some instances, it is likely that an entirely new driveway may be needed to address the underlying concerns. After all, as most experts are happy to explain, the freeze and thaw cycle is detrimental to the concrete and though it may all begin as a small crack or divot, it will eventually worsen. This is true even with a skilled repair, and it is why the cost to patch a concrete drive is also a temporary fix and a cost likely to be repeated over time until that new drive is required.
Concrete driveway patching: 600 sq.ft. driveway.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line cost|
|Concrete patching: would require preparation of crack or damage, to include a sweep, scrub, wash, application of filler.||$2.25-$5 per sq.ft.||600||$1,350-$3,000|
|Waste removal||$36 per hour||2||$72|
|Total Cost||$2.37-$5.12 per sq.ft.||600||$1,422-$3,072|
Other considerations and costs
- Unlike other paving work, repairs do not require experts or licensed professionals due to the absence of heavy machinery. In fact, handymen may be able to complete some jobs for a lower price.
- Be aware that driveway cracks of less than a quarter of an inch in width are not an indication of deep damage, and may be sufficiently repaired or slowed with a liquid crack filler.
- This project is suitable for DIY.
- There is also the option of the middle ground solution of a resurfacing. This brings the cycle of constant patching and re-patching to a swift conclusion, but not at the significant price of a repaving. However, it too requires paving experts to remove the uppermost layer of the concrete drive and repave it. This is an option only for those with a concrete drive that is in sound condition and without any need for repair.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$3,534
- Bronx, NY$2,904
- Brooklyn, NY$2,420
- Philadelphia, PA$3,019
- Washington, DC$2,620
- Atlanta, GA$2,371
- Miami, FL$2,156
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$2,258
- Minneapolis, MN$2,649
- Chicago, IL$3,087
- Houston, TX$3,184
- San Antonio, TX$2,137
- Austin, TX$2,420
- Denver, CO$2,045
- Phoenix, AZ$2,157
- Las Vegas, NV$2,368
- Los Angeles, CA$2,668
- San Diego, CA$2,421
- San Jose, CA$2,924
- Seattle, WA$2,141
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: