An outdoor misting system, sometimes called a mosquito misting system, is becoming quite common in residential areas, as it can help to keep mosquitos and other pests under control around the home. It is important to keep in mind that there are different models available. Some of the outdoor misting systems are only going to provide you with water spray, which can help to keep the outdoor area cooler and deliver water to plants. Other systems will include chemicals that will help to repel the aforementioned pests.
The outdoor misting system cost is going to vary substantially from one model to another. Some of the models are quite cheap and may cost well under $100, while other systems are more complex and can cost $5,000 or more. The mosquito misting system will generally cost between $1,000 to $1,800. Most systems, especially those that only have water misting capabilities, are going to be less expensive.
Outdoor misting: water misting system, without mosquito control.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Water Mister for 500 square feet||$450||1||$450|
|Professional Installation cost||$150||1||$150|
Other considerations and costs
- The type of system that you choose is going to be a huge factor in how much it will cost.
- Taxes have not been included in these costs.
- Whether you choose a tankless or a drum-based mosquito mister can make a difference in the cost
- The location can also affect the cost.
- The size of the system needed.
- DIY installation is certainly possible with most of the systems that are available, particularly the simpler systems. For those that are more complex, you may want to hire a professional.
- It is essential that you follow all of the installation instructions when you do it on your own, just to make sure that you do not make any errors that could end up saturating the garden in too much water or too many chemicals.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.