How Much Does It Cost To Design A New Home?
Design New Home Costs
Working with a professional architect can help with the overall design of the property, and they can often help with finding contractors and ensuring that you will have all of the permits you need to build the home after the design is complete.
Many different elements will affect the overall cost of the home design including the size, style, and location. The more complicated the home is going to be the more work the architect and designers will have to put into the home design in most cases. Even the location where you are located geographically can affect the cost of home design.
New home design: 2,500 sq.ft.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Bathroom design||$150.75-$233.75 per sq.ft.||40||$6,150-$9,350|
|Kitchen design||$51-$11.65 per sq.ft.||100||$5,100-$11,650|
|Blueprints||$6.25 per sq.ft.||2,500||$15,625|
|Interior designer||$2-$5 per sq.ft.||2,500||$5,000-$12,500|
|Total Cost||$14.18-$23.50 per sq.ft.||2,500||$35,450-$58,753|
Other considerations and costs
- The cost of the permits will vary from location to location. Your architect or contractor will be able to let you know how much your permits will cost.
- The way that an architect charges for their services can vary from one professional to another. Some will charge a percentage of the project, while others may charge by the hour or by the square foot.
- You will want to make sure that you are happy with the plans that the architect creates before moving forward with the design.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- The basic features and designs of the home can be done by you simply by making a list of the features that you need and want in your dream home. However, you have to take your ideas to the professionals in order to make sure they are feasible. This ensures that the building is designed to meet the local regulations and requirements.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$75,663
- Bronx, NY$62,175
- Brooklyn, NY$51,820
- Philadelphia, PA$64,647
- Washington, DC$56,097
- Atlanta, GA$50,754
- Miami, FL$46,160
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$48,353
- Minneapolis, MN$56,724
- Chicago, IL$66,090
- Houston, TX$68,168
- San Antonio, TX$45,759
- Austin, TX$51,813
- Denver, CO$43,777
- Phoenix, AZ$46,188
- Las Vegas, NV$50,694
- Los Angeles, CA$57,119
- San Diego, CA$51,833
- San Jose, CA$62,609
- Seattle, WA$45,837
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: