How Much Does It Cost To Install A Microwave?
Microwave Installation Costs
The microwave is a piece of technology that has fundamentally changed the way that people use the kitchen. Most people have a microwave in their home, as it is a major convenience. There are countless brands of microwave available today, and they are available in a range of colors and sizes. There are various power levels available, as well, and this should be considered when you are buying a microwave.
One of the most common ways to use a microwave is simply to have it sitting on your countertop or on a table in the kitchen. These will not require any installation beyond plugging them into an outlet. However, those who want to have a built-in microwave or who want to have the microwave installed above or below the counter will have a few more steps to take.
Microwave installation: Below are examples of how much it will cost for the labor for the microwave installation. The cost of the microwave itself is separate.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Above/Below the counter microwave||$50-$100 each||1||$50-$100|
|Labor Cost (installation)||$50 fee||1||$50|
|Total Cost||$100-$150 each||1||$100-$150|
Other considerations and costs
- When choosing a microwave, make sure that it is large enough to accommodate the types of foods you want to use it to cook.
- If you choose to have a built-in microwave, keep in mind that when you replace the microwave, you will need to get that is the same size.
- Built-in microwaves will have a higher installation cost.
- Microwave installation is easy whether it is on the countertop or you are using brackets to install it above the range or below the countertop. It will only require basic tools. Make sure that you follow the instructions of the installation kit and you should not have any problems.
- If the microwave is built-in, it should be installed by those who installed the cabinets.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$201
- Bronx, NY$165
- Brooklyn, NY$138
- Philadelphia, PA$172
- Washington, DC$149
- Atlanta, GA$135
- Miami, FL$123
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$128
- Minneapolis, MN$151
- Chicago, IL$175
- Houston, TX$181
- San Antonio, TX$121
- Austin, TX$138
- Denver, CO$116
- Phoenix, AZ$123
- Las Vegas, NV$135
- Los Angeles, CA$152
- San Diego, CA$138
- San Jose, CA$166
- Seattle, WA$122
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: