How Much Does It Cost To Replace The Metal Siding?
Metal Siding Replacement Costs
Metal siding can provide protection for your home from all manner of weather. It is a durable type of siding that is used for many different types of properties including homes, garages, and outbuildings. There are many different types of metal siding available and most have been pre-painted. A range of color options are available, so you should not have any trouble finding a solution that will work well for your needs.
There are many good reasons to consider metal siding replacement. It is a fire-resistant material, which can provide protection for your home. The metal is also available in long sections, which means you will not have as many seams in your siding. The material is eco-friendly, and it is easy to clean and maintain. In fact, there is very little maintenance with the metal siding other than keeping it clean.
Metal siding replacement: replacing the current siding with steel siding for a 1,200 square foot home.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Materials||$4 per square foot||1,200||$4,800|
|Labor Cost (installation)||$45 per hour||16||$720|
|Labor Cost (removal of old siding)||$2 per sq.ft.||1,200||$2,400|
|Total Cost||$6.60 per sq.ft.||1,200||$7,920|
Other considerations and costs
- The price of the overall construction can vary based on the value of steel at the time. Aluminum will fluctuate in price even more than steel will.
- You will want to be sure that you have excellent insulation in the building since metal conducts heat. This means that the heat from within the home can be greater in summer and too cold in the winter if it is not properly insulated.
- Over time, the color of metal siding will fade, so it will need to be repainted.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- Replacing the siding on your home and adding metal siding is a large task, and it is best left to the professionals. If you do not have experience in this particular field, it will be very difficult.
- There are many different elements from the removal to the installation of the new metal siding where you could cause damage to the building. Metal siding is also heavy and can’t be installed by just one person.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$12,722
- Bronx, NY$10,454
- Brooklyn, NY$8,713
- Philadelphia, PA$10,870
- Washington, DC$9,432
- Atlanta, GA$8,534
- Miami, FL$7,762
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$8,130
- Minneapolis, MN$9,538
- Chicago, IL$11,113
- Houston, TX$11,462
- San Antonio, TX$7,694
- Austin, TX$8,712
- Denver, CO$7,361
- Phoenix, AZ$7,766
- Las Vegas, NV$8,524
- Los Angeles, CA$9,604
- San Diego, CA$8,716
- San Jose, CA$10,527
- Seattle, WA$7,707
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: