How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Metal Siding?
Repair Metal Siding Costs
The siding on your home help to keep it safe and keep it looking great. When there has been damage to the siding, you will want to make sure that you have it repaired as soon as possible. Even though metal siding is durable and can stand up to inclement weather, there may come times when it needs to be repaired. Common reasons to repair metal siding include dents and even punctures. Dents are relatively easy to repair, but sometimes replacing part of the siding is a better option.
The type of damage, where you are located, and how easy the siding will be to get to and repair can all affect your overall cost. If there is a lot of ladder work that needs to be done on a two-story building, it would cost more than a smaller property without a second story.
Metal siding repair: 200 square feet of metal siding on a 1,500 sq.ft. home.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Materials for the repair||$4 per sq.ft.||200||$800|
|Labor Cost||$45 per hour||8||$360|
|Total Cost||$5.80 per sq.ft.||200||$1,160|
Other considerations and costs
- The square footage of the siding that will need to be repaired will be the biggest factor in determining your cost.
- Most repairs can be done in a day, but this will depend on the extent of the repairs that are needed, as well as how easy they are to reach.
- If there was insulation with the metal siding, this might need to be repaired or replaced, as well.
- Replacement metal siding may have a different color than the rest of the home because painted metal can sometimes fade. You may need to hire someone to repaint the entire home to make it match.
- If you only have dents and dings, you can learn how to pop the dents out on your own. If the damage is too severe or too high for you to work comfortably, you should instead work with a contractor.
- Other simple repairs, such as cleaning the siding for maintenance and repainting the siding are easy to do.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,863
- Bronx, NY$1,531
- Brooklyn, NY$1,276
- Philadelphia, PA$1,592
- Washington, DC$1,382
- Atlanta, GA$1,250
- Miami, FL$1,137
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,191
- Minneapolis, MN$1,397
- Chicago, IL$1,628
- Houston, TX$1,679
- San Antonio, TX$1,127
- Austin, TX$1,276
- Denver, CO$1,078
- Phoenix, AZ$1,137
- Las Vegas, NV$1,248
- Los Angeles, CA$1,407
- San Diego, CA$1,277
- San Jose, CA$1,542
- Seattle, WA$1,129
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: