Lawn mowing is a routine activity sometimes combined with other lawn maintenance tasks.
You will find that the cost to mow an average lawn depends upon the size and accessibility of the lot, the variability of the terrain, local equipment rental rates, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the complete set of tasks.
Lawn mowing: regular cut and edge for a 6,000 sq.ft. grass lawn
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|1. Lawn: regular cutting; do edging and dispose of clippings; provide mower and other equipment.||$0.01||per sq. ft.||6,000||$60|
|2. + Labor Cost||$30||per hour||3||$90|
|Total Cost||$0.025||per sq. ft.||6,000||$150|
Other considerations and costs
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Included is the typical charge for the necessary power equipment.
- This project is perfectly suitable for the able DIY persons.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.