How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Kitchen Appliance?
Kitchen Appliance Repair Costs
We rely on our kitchen appliances for many different aspects of our lives. Most people never think twice about their appliances until something goes wrong with them. When the refrigerator and freezer stop working, the food could spoil. When the range doesn’t work, you aren’t able to cook. If the dishwasher is no longer functional, it can mean a lot more work in the kitchen. If there is a problem with an appliance in the kitchen, and the warranty is no longer valid, the first thing a person has to do is consider whether they will repair or replace it.
The cost of replacing a major kitchen appliance tends to be quite a bit more than kitchen appliance repair costs. Therefore, there is a potential to save hundreds of dollars when you choose to have the appliance repaired. It will also mean that the appliance will not end up in the landfill, which makes it an eco-friendly option.
Appliance repair: by appliance type, labor included in the cost.
|Garbage disposal/Trash compactor||$150-$300|
Appliance repair: a refrigerator compressor.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Visiting fee||$50 fee||1||$50|
|Labor Cost||$100 per hour||2||$200|
|Total Cost||$500 each||1||$500|
Other considerations and costs
- Newer appliances will often have more expensive parts, which will mean the overall cost of repairs can be higher.
- Always check the warranty to see if it will cover repair or replacement costs.
- When hiring someone to repair the appliance, you will want to make sure that they provide a guarantee for their work.
- Unless you are highly skilled at appliance repair already, these are tasks that are best left for the professionals. They will have the knowledge and the tools needed to take care of the job properly the first time.
- Minor issues could be repaired on your own, but you will want to make sure that you understand the problem that is being fixed and what needs to be done to make the repair safely.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,044
- Bronx, NY$858
- Brooklyn, NY$715
- Philadelphia, PA$892
- Washington, DC$774
- Atlanta, GA$700
- Miami, FL$637
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$667
- Minneapolis, MN$783
- Chicago, IL$912
- Houston, TX$941
- San Antonio, TX$631
- Austin, TX$715
- Denver, CO$604
- Phoenix, AZ$637
- Las Vegas, NV$700
- Los Angeles, CA$788
- San Diego, CA$715
- San Jose, CA$864
- Seattle, WA$633
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: