How Much Does It Cost To Install A Propane Gas Boiler?
Propane Gas Boiler Costs
To properly heat water for your home, you will need a heating system, such as a propane gas boiler. Propane is a popular option because it is affordable and energy-efficient. It works well for the home and is a common option when it comes to replacing older boilers. In addition, propane is readily available in most areas, which is not often the case with other types of natural gas.
Boilers are one of the most important pieces of equipment in the home, and when cared for properly can last for a number of years. However, they will eventually need to be replaced. Therefore, it is important to understand the overall costs of a propane gas boiler for replacement. The costs can vary widely based on the size of the boiler, as well as the make and model and other potential costs noted below.
Below is an example of the cost of a boiler and installation.
|Propane gas boiler||$2,200|
|Removal of the old boiler||$300|
Other considerations and costs
- Those who want a propane gas boiler need to factor in the cost of using propane, as well as it’s availability in the area. Typically, the cost of propane will be about the same or lower than that of heating oil.
- Propane gas boilers tend to be smaller than electric water heaters, which can mean more space available in the basement.
- Boilers can be used for more than just heating the water. They can also be used for radiant floor heating and forced air systems.
- Because of the nature of propane gas boilers, working with a professional may cost more, but it will ensure the job is done correctly and safely.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- DIY may not be an option for everyone. A number of states will require that those who are installing the boiler be licensed or certified to ensure they are following the property building codes and regulations.
- Those who are able to install their own boiler will want to prepare the installation area by removing the old boiler and cleaning out the space.
- Make sure there is room for the new boiler.
- When the new boiler arrives, make sure all of the accessories are properly installed.
- Be sure you are using the correct width of piping for the connections.
- Install the venting and the flue and then connect the propane supply.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$4,739
- Bronx, NY$3,894
- Brooklyn, NY$3,245
- Philadelphia, PA$4,049
- Washington, DC$3,513
- Atlanta, GA$3,179
- Miami, FL$2,891
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$3,028
- Minneapolis, MN$3,553
- Chicago, IL$4,139
- Houston, TX$4,269
- San Antonio, TX$2,866
- Austin, TX$3,245
- Denver, CO$2,742
- Phoenix, AZ$2,893
- Las Vegas, NV$3,175
- Los Angeles, CA$3,577
- San Diego, CA$3,246
- San Jose, CA$3,921
- Seattle, WA$2,871
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: