Home Appraisal Inspection Costs
An appraisal inspection may be called for by home-owners, banks, insurance companies, or potential buyers of the home. It is separate from and different than a home inspection.
You will find that the cost to hire an average home appraisal inspection depends upon the scope of the evaluation and the professional service offer of a certified provider in their primary and secondary zones of operation.
The table below includes a range of possible services to be provided.
Home appraisal inspection: the certified service provider will deliver the appraised property value and related services.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Appraisal elements: to determine the value of existing buildings, land, and equipment within 15 miles of base.||$394||fee||1||$394|
|Zone extension: from 15 to 30 miles from base.||$58||fee||1||$58|
|Fannie Mae form 1004d: prepare, submit, and verify acceptance of Satisfactory Completion Form 1004d.||$158||fee||1||$158|
Other considerations and costs
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- If required by a third party such as a bank, be sure that the provider certification is compliant with third party requirements.
- This activity is not suitable for DIY due to certification requirements.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to hire a home appraisal inspection in my city
Cost to hire a home appraisal inspection varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices range from $394 (home within 15 miles of providers base) to $609 (home within 15 to 30 miles of base, and do Federal Loan certificate) and also vary depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: