How Much Does It Cost To Paint The Hallway?
Paint Hallway Costs
The cost to paint an interior hallway depends on the size of the space and the type of paint job desired. Whether you add textures to your finish, if there is excessive trim or detail work, and how accessible the hallway is will also factor into your project costs. Paint quality will affect the price of materials, and you’ll have to check local painting labor rates, as well.
Typically, painting work is priced on a per-square-foot basis. If the hallway has stairs or other obstacles, there may be additional charges to consider. It is best to have a painter do an in-home estimate so that they can provide accurate pricing and there are no surprise charges.
Hallway painting: 75 sq.ft., using mid-range materials and average hourly labor rates, with prep work, cleanup, and disposal included.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Interior paint||$35 per gallon||1-2||$35-$70|
|Other materials||$0.25-$0.50 per sq.ft.||75||$18.75-$37.50|
|Labor||$25-$40 per hour||4||$100-$160|
Other considerations and costs
- Most professional painters will not charge for things like brushes, rollers, drop cloths, and everyday painting supplies because those are their tools and they are included with the work. Make sure that you know exactly what supplies you are paying for with your painting estimates.
- If you are having other rooms in the home painted, you can often save money by getting a volume discount on materials or a labor discount for a bigger job. Consider doing painting at once, rather than a little at a time, to save hundreds on painting labor.
- If you choose to paint the ceiling, that will add an additional cost to your project budget, although you may be able to get a discounted rate for doing more work at once.
- Refresh the entire hallway by painting or updating doors, trim, and other features while you’re painting the walls. This may add more to your total cost, but it will enhance the value of your home and make the entire space look better.
- Just about anyone can paint a hallway with the right tools and materials. However, painters often offer a warranty, and they can do the work a lot quicker with better results.
- If you do your own work, add another $50-$100 to the project for rollers, brushes, and supplies normally provided at no cost by the pros.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$321
- Bronx, NY$264
- Brooklyn, NY$220
- Philadelphia, PA$274
- Washington, DC$238
- Atlanta, GA$216
- Miami, FL$196
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$205
- Minneapolis, MN$241
- Chicago, IL$281
- Houston, TX$289
- San Antonio, TX$194
- Austin, TX$220
- Denver, CO$186
- Phoenix, AZ$196
- Las Vegas, NV$215
- Los Angeles, CA$243
- San Diego, CA$220
- San Jose, CA$266
- Seattle, WA$195
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: