How Much Does It Cost To Install A Fountain?
Fountain Installation Costs
Having a fountain on your property can add a touch of class. There are many different types of fountains available today, which means there are aesthetic options that can work well for any type of location. Water fountains are a relatively affordable way to beautify the property and to add an interesting focal point. They tend to be low maintenance, and most will recycle water, so you do not have to worry about having a massively increased water bill.
The water fountain can be a great way to attract birds and other wildlife to your yard. The fountain that you choose could work as a piece of décor for an outdoor pool or other parts of the landscaping. They will also provide a gentle and relaxing sound for you to enjoy when you are out in the yard whether you are entertaining or just relaxing.
Fountain installation: medium-sized fountain made from stone.
|Stone fountain||$1,500 each||1||$1,500|
|Excavation/Grading||$250 per fountain||1||$250|
|Labor Cost||$50 per hour||8||$400|
|Total Cost||$2,150 each||1||$2,150|
Other considerations and costs
- The size of the fountain you choose for the home will be a big factor in the overall cost.
- The type of material the fountain is made from will also contribute to the cost. Fiberglass and resin are the most affordable options, while marble is at the top end of the price spectrum.
- Custom fountains are available, but they will be far more expensive than one that has already been built.
- Using solar power to provide energy to the fountain will have a higher initial cost, but it can reduce the amount of money you spend on energy for as long as you own the fountain.
- If you are using a fountain with an electrical cord, make sure that the location of the fountain is close to an outlet.
- Most of the work for fountain installation can be done on your own. They are simple to use and maintain, and most will simply need to be put into place and plugged in after water has been added.
- The biggest difficulty comes from ensuring you have a flat space for the fountain, which would require excavation, and actually moving the fountain into place. Depending on the material, they can be very heavy.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$3,454
- Bronx, NY$2,838
- Brooklyn, NY$2,365
- Philadelphia, PA$2,951
- Washington, DC$2,561
- Atlanta, GA$2,317
- Miami, FL$2,107
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$2,207
- Minneapolis, MN$2,589
- Chicago, IL$3,017
- Houston, TX$3,112
- San Antonio, TX$2,089
- Austin, TX$2,365
- Denver, CO$1,998
- Phoenix, AZ$2,108
- Las Vegas, NV$2,314
- Los Angeles, CA$2,607
- San Diego, CA$2,366
- San Jose, CA$2,858
- Seattle, WA$2,092
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: