Flooring material is the interior face of the building floor structure that must withstand the expected traffic and provide the aesthetic and comfort needs of the occupants.
The cost to install average roofing depends upon type, material and finish grade, covered area, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
Type and cost summary
In the following table the Cost figure is based on average flooring for a 2,500 sq.ft. home with partitions and 500 linear feet of baseboard; and includes transport, material, equipment, and waste.
|Vinyl sheet||Lowest cost||Tearing||$8,431|
|Easy to clean||Shorter life|
|Laminate plank||More durable||Creaking||$14,116|
|Moderate cost||Color matching|
|Wood parquet||Durable||Maintain finish||$14,783|
|Bamboo plank||Durable||Maintain finish||$15,742|
|Wood plank||Durable||Maintain finish||$17,151|
|Color matching||Less durable|
Other considerations and costs
- Typical upgrades and accessories are reviewed in the related Cost Guide.
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- The work area must be free of all furniture and other objects.
- During contractor inspection the homeowner should be informed of any repair concerns like rot, and any cost to adapt the existing structure.
- This project may be suitable for the well-prepared DIY.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.