Flat roofs are a standard option for many different types of buildings. They are often used for businesses, but they can work quite well in homes, as well. Those who are considering getting this type of roofing will want to get a better idea of the flat roof installation cost.
Naturally, many factors will go into the overall cost of installing one of these types of roofs. This includes the size of the roof, the type of roof materials that will be installed, and the overall labor that will go into the roofing. For example, the cost of asphalt will vary from the cost of EPDM or PVC.
Flat roof installation: 2,00 sq.ft., installation included in the material cost.
|Item||Unit Cost||Total Cost|
|EPDM roof||$5.50-$7.00 per square foot||$11,000-$14,000|
|PVC roof||$6.50-$7.50 per square foot||$13,000-$15,000|
|Thermoplastic polyolefin roof||$6.00-$7.00 per square foot||$12,000-$14,000|
|Installation||$5.50-$6.50 per square foot||$11,000-$13,000|
|Insulation||$1-$2 per square foot||$2,000-$4,000|
Other considerations and costs
- Flat roofs will need to have ventilation.
- The addition of roof drains, and ventilation could add another $200 to $300 to the cost for each drain or vent added.
- If the plywood on the roof is damaged, it will need to be replaced.
- The tear-off and removal of material from an old roof will add to the flat roof installation cost.
- Always choose a company for your installation that has a good reputation and a lot of experience in the field.
- Some types of roofing will be easier to install than others. For example, EPDM is often a DIY solution because it goes on smoothly. Other types of flat roofs will need to have the help and guidance of a professional.
- If you are going to be doing any DIY on the roof, you need to consider your safety and make sure you have all of the appropriate gear.
- Any DIY work that you do on the roof, whether it is adding the EPDM or removing discarded materials, can help you to reduce your costs.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.