How Much Does It Cost To Install Fiber Cement Siding?
Fiber Cement Siding Installation Costs
Many homes today are built using fiber cement siding. The installation of this type of siding has become popular due to the benefits that it can provide. The siding is an environmentally friendly option, and it can last for many years without needing to be replaced. It is easy to maintain, it looks great, and is a good option for those who want the aesthetic of wood siding, but who do not want to deal with some of the hassles of wood, such as expanding in the heat and contracting in the cold.
Buyers of the siding will also have the option of having the siding come pre-painted, or they could paint it after it has been installed. There are many good reasons to consider getting this type of siding, but it is important to understand that it is costlier than certain other options, such as vinyl. Still, most believe that the price of the siding is worth the cost.
Fiber cement siding installation: 400 sq.ft.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Fiber cement siding||$4-$5 per sq.ft.||400||$1,600-$2,000|
|Job supplies||$0.5 per sq.ft.||400||$200|
|Labor Cost||$3 per sq.ft.||400||$1,200|
Other considerations and costs
- If you are not building a new home and are instead replacing the siding, keep in mind that you can’t simply put the fiber cement siding on top of the old siding. You need to remove the old siding first.
- Larger projects will naturally cost more.
- It is a good idea to get at least three estimates before choosing a contractor for the installation of the fiber cement siding.
- Having the work done during a contractor’s down season can often provide you with discounts.
- Different types of architectural styles may also increase the cost of the installation.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- Those who have had experience working with fiber cement siding in the past may be able to install the siding as a DIY project. However, it will require the right tools, and likely several people.
- DIY for the installation of fiber cement siding should be limited to small projects.
- Most of the time, hiring professionals will be a better overall option for the fiber cement siding installation.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$5,140
- Bronx, NY$4,224
- Brooklyn, NY$3,521
- Philadelphia, PA$4,392
- Washington, DC$3,811
- Atlanta, GA$3,448
- Miami, FL$3,136
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$3,285
- Minneapolis, MN$3,854
- Chicago, IL$4,490
- Houston, TX$4,631
- San Antonio, TX$3,109
- Austin, TX$3,520
- Denver, CO$2,974
- Phoenix, AZ$3,138
- Las Vegas, NV$3,444
- Los Angeles, CA$3,881
- San Diego, CA$3,521
- San Jose, CA$4,254
- Seattle, WA$3,114
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: