How Much Does It Cost To Install An Electric Fired Boiler System?
Electric Fired Boiler System Costs
The boiler is one of the most important components of your home. While they are built to last, the wear and tear will eventually catch up to the boiler. One of the best and most common options available is to have an electric fired boiler system installed. They can do a great job of providing warmth for your home and ensuring you have hot water.
The systems work by pushing cool water through pipes that are heated and then sending it to various parts of the home. Since they do not require and venting, they can be installed nearly anywhere in the home. There are many makes and models of electric fired boiler systems available today.
Electric fired boiler system installation: replacement of an old one.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Boiler and materials||$2,100 each||1||$2,100|
|Labor Cost (removal)||$75 per hour||5||$375|
|Labor Cost (installation)||$75 per hour||4||$300|
|Total Cost||$2,775 each||1||$2,775|
Other considerations and costs
- If you are changing from gas to an electric fired boiler system, you will find that it is going to cost more simply because it is a different type of system.
- Always make sure that the boiler you choose is large enough and powerful enough to provide you with enough heat for your property.
- If the ductwork or pipes need to be replaced, it will add to the overall cost.
- To reduce the cost of electricity, some homeowners will connect their electric fired boiler system to solar panels.
- Regular maintenance of the boiler can help to keep it running well for many years.
- If you have a boiler system that keeps breaking down, replacing it is a better option than continually paying for repairs and worrying about not having heat.
- If you are simply replacing an old electric fired boiler system with a new one, and it has the same connections, you can likely take care of the installation on your own. You will want to follow the instructions exactly to ensure it is installed properly. Those who are hesitant should work with professionals.
- The boiler system can be quite heavy, and it will likely require more than one person to move into place.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$4,458
- Bronx, NY$3,663
- Brooklyn, NY$3,053
- Philadelphia, PA$3,809
- Washington, DC$3,305
- Atlanta, GA$2,990
- Miami, FL$2,720
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$2,849
- Minneapolis, MN$3,342
- Chicago, IL$3,894
- Houston, TX$4,016
- San Antonio, TX$2,696
- Austin, TX$3,053
- Denver, CO$2,579
- Phoenix, AZ$2,721
- Las Vegas, NV$2,987
- Los Angeles, CA$3,365
- San Diego, CA$3,054
- San Jose, CA$3,689
- Seattle, WA$2,700
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: