How Much Does It Cost To Install Concrete Driveway?
Concrete Driveway Costs
Concrete is a common material choice for an exterior driveway and parking apron.
The cost to install average concrete driveway depends upon material and finish grade, surface area and material volume, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Driveway: 300 feet of 8' wide driveway and 500 sq.ft. of parking apron; include transport, material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Concrete: transport less than 20 miles; prepare and build the 8' wide x 4" slab with mesh and rebar atop 4" base; and 500 sq.ft. of parking; total 2,900 sq.ft.||$3.40||per sq.ft.||3,045||$10,355|
|Upgrade: additional cost to install a 6" thick slab.||$0.97||per sq.ft.||3,045||$2,954|
|Material Cost||$4.59||per sq.ft.||2,900||$13,309|
|+ Labor Cost (base)||$36||per hour||82||$2,952|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade)||$36||per hour||30||$1,080|
|Total Cost||$5.98||per sq.ft.||2,900||$17,341|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate service area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Additional hand-excavation of typical soil will cost around $50 per cubic yard.
- Typical additional residential site clearing and preparation tasks range in cost from $0.50 to $1.50 per sq.ft. depending on amount and size of material, and transport.
- These flatwork examples do not include engineering attention to curves or inclines.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- This project is not highly suitable for DIY requiring a special set of tools and skills.
- Beyond construction skills, realize that concrete is unforgiving of delay as it dries.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$21,376
- Bronx, NY$17,565
- Brooklyn, NY$14,640
- Philadelphia, PA$18,264
- Washington, DC$15,848
- Atlanta, GA$14,339
- Miami, FL$13,041
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$13,660
- Minneapolis, MN$16,025
- Chicago, IL$18,671
- Houston, TX$19,258
- San Antonio, TX$12,928
- Austin, TX$14,638
- Denver, CO$12,368
- Phoenix, AZ$13,049
- Las Vegas, NV$14,322
- Los Angeles, CA$16,137
- San Diego, CA$14,644
- San Jose, CA$17,688
- Seattle, WA$12,950
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: