How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Dishwasher?
Dishwasher Repair Costs
The dishwasher is a part of everyday life for most people. After you have had dinner, you make sure the dishwasher is loaded up properly and then you start the cycle. Once everything is dry, you put it back in the cabinets. It has become a part of your routine. However, what are you to do when the dishwasher does not work properly? The first thought that enters many peoples’ minds is that they will have to replace it, which is a cost they do not want to endure. Fortunately, a dishwasher repair might be all it needs.
While dishwashers are meant to last for a number of years, there is always the chance that something could go wrong and it would then need to be fixed. This is true regardless of the age of the appliance. There are many things that could go wrong. It might be leaking water, or it might not clean properly. Perhaps it is not training or it has started to make a lot of noise.
Dishwasher repair: by type of problem a dishwasher might have, labor ($200) and diagnosis fee ($50) included.
|Trap screen replacement||$325|
|Replacement of the sprayer arm||$400|
|Replacement of the heating element||$425|
|Pump seal replacement||$320|
Other considerations and costs
- Proper maintenance of the dishwasher can help to reduce the need for repairs. Make sure you are never overloading the machine.
- Check your warranty to see if your appliance is still covered by the manufacturer.
- If the dishwasher continues to have problems, it might be a better and more cost-effective option to replace it.
- Many professionals will charge a service/diagnosis fee. They will often waive this fee if you choose them to take care of the repair work.
- There are some DIY projects that you can do for your dishwasher. It is possible to remove an old control board and plug in a new one relatively easily, for example.
- However, there are often more difficult problems that will be hard for you to diagnose and fix on your own. These are best left to the professionals.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Websites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$578
- Bronx, NY$475
- Brooklyn, NY$396
- Philadelphia, PA$494
- Washington, DC$429
- Atlanta, GA$388
- Miami, FL$353
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$370
- Minneapolis, MN$434
- Chicago, IL$505
- Houston, TX$521
- San Antonio, TX$350
- Austin, TX$396
- Denver, CO$335
- Phoenix, AZ$353
- Las Vegas, NV$387
- Los Angeles, CA$437
- San Diego, CA$396
- San Jose, CA$479
- Seattle, WA$350
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: