How Much Does It Cost To Install A Digital Phone System?
Digital Phone System
Many companies and even homes today are choosing to forego the traditional phone systems that they have always used and are instead turning toward digital phone systems. The systems utilize the Internet in order to make and receive calls. It is known as a VOIP or voice over Internet protocol.
The VOIP systems will plug right into your router, and you can call without worrying about incurring long distance charges. In some cases, the VOIP plans will charge for long-distance, but the prices are much lower than the traditional phone company rates. In addition to the service, you will also need to have a phone that is compatible with the VOIP service you choose.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Compatible phone||$50 each||1||$50|
|Service||$10 per month||1||$10|
|Labor Cost (installation)||$100 fee||1||$100|
|Total Cost||$160 each||1||$160|
Other considerations and costs
- In order to make use of a digital phone system, you will need to have broadband Internet service. The price for the service can vary based on your location and any other features or add-ons that you might have included.
- Always make sure that you understand the digital phone plan you are choosing and know all of the charges that you need to pay each month.
- Shop around for the best plan and system that will work well for your needs.
- DIY for installing a digital phone system is simple. You will follow the instructions provided by your digital phone service provider, set up your account, and plug in your phone. It is quick and simple, and you should be able to be up and running in a matter of minutes.
- Keep in mind that you will likely want to cancel your current traditional telephone service now that you will be making and accepting calls through a digital phone system connected to the Internet.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$257
- Bronx, NY$211
- Brooklyn, NY$176
- Philadelphia, PA$220
- Washington, DC$191
- Atlanta, GA$172
- Miami, FL$157
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$164
- Minneapolis, MN$193
- Chicago, IL$224
- Houston, TX$232
- San Antonio, TX$155
- Austin, TX$176
- Denver, CO$149
- Phoenix, AZ$157
- Las Vegas, NV$172
- Los Angeles, CA$194
- San Diego, CA$176
- San Jose, CA$213
- Seattle, WA$156
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: