Are you tired of your current closet situation? Do you want to have a new closet installed that is better able to fit all of your clothing and the other items that you want in there? Whether you want just a reach-in closet or a full walk-in closet, having a custom closet installed is a fantastic idea.
The cost of the closet will vary based on the size, the types of materials used, and a host of other factors. Still, you will find that having a new closet installed tends to be affordable.
Custom closet installation: a standard 8ft. closet.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Materials||$10 hanging rods
$35 shoe rack
|1 hanging rod
2 shoe racks
|Labor for the Closet||$75 per hour||2 laborers for 5 hours each||$750|
|Flooring (Ceramic Tile)||$15 per square foot||16 square feet||$240|
|Painting||$30 1 gallon of paint
$25 per hour labor
1 hour of labor
Other considerations and costs
- Taxes are not included with the costs indicated above.
- There are many different costs that could be added to the construction of the closet including a hamper, bench, wall hooks, jewelry drawers, etc.
- The addition of a closet organizer would add more to the cost, as well.
- The cost of the construction will vary based on the contractor you use and your geographic location.
- The size of the closet is going to change the price of the installation.
- Premium materials will add to the cost, as well
- Custom closet installation is a big job, even when you are just working on a small closet.
- It takes a lot of time, and a wide range of skills to create the closet properly.
- Depending on the location of the closet, there may be some work that you cannot do on your own.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.