How Much Does It Cost To Install Asphalt Curb And Gutter?
Asphalt Curb and Gutter Costs
Asphalt is a common material choice for exterior curb and gutter designed to drain and control water flow around constructed property, like your home.
You will find that the cost to install average asphalt curb and gutter depends upon drainage volume, surface area and material volume, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Asphalt curb and gutter: 200 feet of asphaltic curved-curb; include costs for miscellaneous material, 25 mile delivery, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Asphaltic curb: prepare and form, pour from truck, tamp and oil finish 8" tall by 6" wide curb on top a 4" thick aggregate base.||$1.92||per foot||200||$384|
|Upgrade (size): additional cost for 8" tall x 8" wide curb with small gutter feature.||$1.04||per foot||200||$208|
|Upgrade (gutter): additional cost for gutter, net 8" tall x 24" x 3" thick gutter surface over a 4” aggregate base for higher volume drainage.||$1.79||per foot||200||$358|
|Material Cost||$4.75||per foot||200||$950|
|+ Labor Cost (base)||$36||per hour||33||$1,188|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade-size)||$36||per hour||4||$144|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade-gutter)||$36||per hour||6||$216|
|Total Cost||$12.49||per foot||200||$2,498|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Included is basic forms and grading of pre-leveled terrain and drainage path.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Additional hand-excavation of typical soil will cost around $50 per cubic yard.
- Typical additional residential site clearing and preparation tasks range in cost from $0.50 to $1.50 per sq.ft. depending on amount and size of material, and transport.
- These flatwork examples do not include engineering attention to curves or inclines.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- This project is somewhat suitable for DIY with a good set of tools and skills.
- Beyond construction skills, realize that asphalt is unforgiving of delay as it cools.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$3,091
- Bronx, NY$2,540
- Brooklyn, NY$2,117
- Philadelphia, PA$2,641
- Washington, DC$2,291
- Atlanta, GA$2,073
- Miami, FL$1,886
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,975
- Minneapolis, MN$2,317
- Chicago, IL$2,700
- Houston, TX$2,784
- San Antonio, TX$1,869
- Austin, TX$2,116
- Denver, CO$1,788
- Phoenix, AZ$1,887
- Las Vegas, NV$2,071
- Los Angeles, CA$2,333
- San Diego, CA$2,117
- San Jose, CA$2,557
- Seattle, WA$1,872
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: