How Much Does It Cost To Install A Concrete Slab?
Concrete Slab Costs
Concrete is a common material choice for buildings of all kinds, and a concrete slab is a common type of foundation for a patio, shed, garage and home.
It is the proper preparations of the ground before the slab is poured, as well as the finishing techniques used that make the difference between a good outcome and a poor one, and it pays to have only the most skilled experts do the work.
Concrete slab installation: 500 sq.ft., rep
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Material: 2" thick concrete slab with rebar, wire mesh, and aggregate/sand base.||$3-$5 per sq.ft.||500||$1,500-$2,500|
|Labor Cost||$3 per sq.ft.||500||$1,500|
|Total Costs||$6-$8 per sq.ft.||500||$3,000-$4,000|
Other considerations and costs
- Some cities and local areas are more particular than others about concrete work, but it is of the utmost importance to ensure all proper permits have been obtained.
- Concrete costs go up with an increase in miles between the drop off location and the concrete plant. It is always in the best interest of the homeowner to work with the closest providers possible
- This flatwork example does not include engineering attention to curves or inclines.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- The level of skill required to prepare for and create a concrete slab of any size is not for the average DIY enthusiast.
- It is possible to rent equipment and do demolition on a pre-existing area of concrete to facilitate the removal and cut costs. However, this is also a very difficult task that is not for all homeowners. Using a jackhammer and lifting pieces of concrete and rebar, as well as finding a proper hauling or disposal option may be so time-consuming and arduous as to make it wiser to pay professionals to handle this part, too.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$5,622
- Bronx, NY$4,620
- Brooklyn, NY$3,851
- Philadelphia, PA$4,804
- Washington, DC$4,168
- Atlanta, GA$3,771
- Miami, FL$3,430
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$3,593
- Minneapolis, MN$4,215
- Chicago, IL$4,911
- Houston, TX$5,065
- San Antonio, TX$3,400
- Austin, TX$3,850
- Denver, CO$3,253
- Phoenix, AZ$3,432
- Las Vegas, NV$3,767
- Los Angeles, CA$4,244
- San Diego, CA$3,852
- San Jose, CA$4,652
- Seattle, WA$3,406
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: