How Much Does It Cost To Raise A Concrete Foundation?
Concrete Foundation Costs
A structurally sound home depends on a solid foundation, whether that is a slab or a full basement with a foundation. Also, you may pay different rates depending on whether you are pouring concrete for new construction or rebuilding on an existing site.
The materials that you use could impact the cost of your foundation installation. Labor is usually the biggest variable. Footings will also need to be poured. This is a great time to consider making changes and improvements. If the site isn’t new construction, plan to spend more on preparing the worksite and time wasted when workers aren’t all on the same page.
Foundation installation: 1,500 sq.ft.
|Concrete stab||$3-$5 per sq.ft.||1,500||$4,500-$7,500|
|Footings||$1-$2 per sq.ft.||1,500||$1,500-$3,000|
|Material Cost||$4-$7 per sq.ft.||1,500||$6,000-$10,500|
|Labor Cost||$2-$3 per sq.ft.||1,500||$3,000-$4,500|
|Total Cost||$6-$10 per sq.ft.||1,500||$9,000-$15,000|
Related costs: 1,500 sq.ft. foundation.
|French drain installation||$1,000-$1,500|
Other considerations and costs
- You can install radiant flooring while you are pouring the foundation. This is a perfect time because it doesn’t require excavating. This can cost as much as $14,000 for larger homes.
- Choose to add a sealant to your concrete for an additional 50 cents per square foot to prevent water damage issues down the road.
- Foundations that are being poured in an existing home will take more time and incur additional labor and material costs.
- Permits are not included, but they are usually required for a large outdoor job like concrete foundation replacement.
- If the area needs leveling, you can expect to spend $1,000 to $2,000 more for that service.
- Footings can be added, such as a nice set of stairs, to create a more lived-in look.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
As discussed earlier, this is not a DIY job. You may be able to assist with prep, cleanup, or finishing to reduce labor costs, but leave the actual foundation to licensed contractors.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$19,276
- Bronx, NY$15,840
- Brooklyn, NY$13,202
- Philadelphia, PA$16,470
- Washington, DC$14,292
- Atlanta, GA$12,930
- Miami, FL$11,760
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$12,319
- Minneapolis, MN$14,451
- Chicago, IL$16,837
- Houston, TX$17,367
- San Antonio, TX$11,658
- Austin, TX$13,200
- Denver, CO$11,153
- Phoenix, AZ$11,767
- Las Vegas, NV$12,915
- Los Angeles, CA$14,552
- San Diego, CA$13,205
- San Jose, CA$15,951
- Seattle, WA$11,678
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: