How Much Does It Cost To Have Composite Roofing Installed?
Composite Roofing Costs
Composite roofing is a popular option for those who are building a new home, and those who are replacing the roof on their current home. These are manmade materials that are ecofriendly, as they are often made from recycled items. You can find composite roofing that is painted or unpainted, so it should be easy to find an option that will work well with your neighborhood.
In addition to being environmentally friendly, you will find that these shingles, tiles, and shakes are an affordable option that also looks great. They are also able to last for up to 50 years when they have been correctly installed. They are lightweight compared to many other types of roofing material
Composite roofing: one-story home with a 2,000 square foot roof. It also includes the cost of removing the old roofing material.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Composite roof materials: 1 square covers 100 sq.ft.||$120 per square||20||$2,400|
|Labor Cost (removal of old roofing)||$0.90 per sq.ft.||2,000||$1,800|
|Labor Cost (installation)||$56 per square||20||$1,120|
|Total Cost||$2.66 per sq.ft.||2,000||$5,320|
Other considerations and costs
- A roof that is more than one story high will incur additional costs.
- The square footage of the roof and the pitch of the roof are directly related to the cost.
- Any oddly shaped areas of the roof where it might be difficult to add the roofing, such as around a skylight, can add to the cost.
- The cost of the labor will vary based on where you live.
- If you also need to add gutters, this will add to the cost of the installation.
- Talk with the roofers about adding sealant, which can help to prevent leaks from happening in the future. See if this is included in the cost, or if it will be an additional charge.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
Roof work has the potential to be dangerous, so you will want to hire a professional for the composite roofing rather than attempting to do it on your own. Hiring a pro also ensures that it has been installed properly.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Websites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$8,546
- Bronx, NY$7,022
- Brooklyn, NY$5,853
- Philadelphia, PA$7,302
- Washington, DC$6,336
- Atlanta, GA$5,732
- Miami, FL$5,214
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$5,461
- Minneapolis, MN$6,407
- Chicago, IL$7,465
- Houston, TX$7,699
- San Antonio, TX$5,168
- Austin, TX$5,852
- Denver, CO$4,945
- Phoenix, AZ$5,217
- Las Vegas, NV$5,726
- Los Angeles, CA$6,451
- San Diego, CA$5,854
- San Jose, CA$7,071
- Seattle, WA$5,177
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: