How Much Does It Cost To Install A Central Humidifier?
Central Humidifier Costs
When a home lacks moisture, some homeowners choose to invest in a portable humidifier to attempt to resolve the problem. However, some issues are too big for a portable device. In that situation, whole-home humidifiers can be installed into the HVAC system or furnace unit. Central humidifier installation has a number of cost factors, including whether it is being retrofitted or installed with a new system, how big of a unit you need, and how accessible the installation space is.
A central humidifier will help keep the home at less than 50% humidity, which the EPA suggests is better for health. Installing a central humidifier will not only make your home more comfortable, but it could also make it healthier. There are different types of humidifiers available and each has its own costs.
Central humidifier installation: for a 1,500 home, 10-gallon humidifier.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Flow-through humidifier||$200-$300 each||1||$200-$300|
|Labor Cost||$65 per hour||4-5||$260-$325|
|Total Cost||$460-$625 each||1||$460-$625|
Central humidifier installation: by type.
Other considerations and costs
- If you have your humidifier installed with a new furnace or HVAC unit, you may be able to save money on labor costs or other charges by having more than one service performed by the same provider.
- The exact cost of your humidifier will depend on the size that you need. Based on your square footage, the installation professional will recommend the appropriate size. The bigger your unit, the more expensive it will be.
- Certain units will only work with certain types of furnaces or systems. Make sure that you get an in-home estimate to find out what your options are based on the system that you have.
- This system will need routine maintenance, including cleaning and adding water on a regular basis. You should also add hiring a professional HVAC service to perform maintenance at least once a year to your household budget.
You can’t install a central humidifier on your own unless you are a certified HVAC professional. This project requires hooking into the HVAC system and there are a lot of technical elements involved.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$867
- Bronx, NY$713
- Brooklyn, NY$594
- Philadelphia, PA$741
- Washington, DC$643
- Atlanta, GA$582
- Miami, FL$529
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$554
- Minneapolis, MN$650
- Chicago, IL$758
- Houston, TX$782
- San Antonio, TX$525
- Austin, TX$594
- Denver, CO$502
- Phoenix, AZ$530
- Las Vegas, NV$581
- Los Angeles, CA$655
- San Diego, CA$594
- San Jose, CA$718
- Seattle, WA$525
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: