How Much Does It Cost To Refinish The Cabinets?
Cabinets Refinishing Costs
Every homeowner wants to choose the projects that allow their homes to look great, but which also come with the highest ROI possible. Cabinets refinishing, can be a great, time-saving kitchen renovation option. The project itself includes an array of materials, including the doors and drawers, drawer fronts, hinges and glides, additional components, hardware, and more.
Cabinets refinishing: 30 linear feet.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Materials: veneers, new facings for drawers, new doors, new hardware, etc.||100 per linear foot||30||$3,000|
|Labor||$35-$75 per hour||28-133||$980-$9,975|
|Total Cost||$132.66-$432.50 per linear foot||30||$3,980-$12,975|
Other considerations and costs
- As is so often the case, it is the quality of the materials that have such a large impact on the budget. Cabinetry with a lot of complex molding or trim, angles and edging will take more time to and bump up the price, and the materials used are often superior.
- Upgrades or additions include “in-cabinet organization, hardware, crown molding, additional cabinets, and kitchen islands,” as well as cooktops and more.
- While a cabinet refinishing is being done, it is not at all unusual for the homeowner to incorporate improvements that include new countertops, new sinks or faucets, and new backsplashes that update the looks of the space.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- The complexity of refinishing cabinets, and even simply repainting them, makes this a project not suited to a DIY enthusiast. While it may not be difficult to remove stains or veneers and replace them, there is much more involved.
- As an example, damaged cabinet boxes are commonly overlooked (potential) costs for such a project, and having to remove and replace one is not a typical skill or capability of the DIY enthusiast. Plus, outdated or unusually-sized boxes may be difficult to replace, and that will mean replacing all of the boxes or having a new box custom-made.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$13,619
- Bronx, NY$11,191
- Brooklyn, NY$9,327
- Philadelphia, PA$11,636
- Washington, DC$10,097
- Atlanta, GA$9,135
- Miami, FL$8,309
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$8,703
- Minneapolis, MN$10,210
- Chicago, IL$11,896
- Houston, TX$12,270
- San Antonio, TX$8,236
- Austin, TX$9,326
- Denver, CO$7,880
- Phoenix, AZ$8,313
- Las Vegas, NV$9,124
- Los Angeles, CA$10,281
- San Diego, CA$9,330
- San Jose, CA$11,269
- Seattle, WA$8,250
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: