How Much Does It Cost To Build A Villa?
Build Villa Costs
Building a villa is similar to building a house. However, the term villa comes with certain expectations, and those expectations will often mean luxury. Naturally, this means that building a true villa is going to be on the more expensive end of homebuilding. They are often larger than what many would consider a standard single-family home. Villas also often use the highest-quality materials available. For many people, the villa is their dream home, and they are excited to have it built.
When you choose to build a villa, you need to be sure that you have your finances in place. Not only will you need to think about the cost of the home itself, but you will also need to have land available. You then need to hire an architect, which can be as much as 10% to 20% of the cost of the overall project. There are also contractors to hire to complete the construction of the villa.
Villa building: a high-end, 3,200 square foot luxury villa, assuming that you already have a piece of property.
|Construction: including labor and materials||$900,000|
Other considerations and costs
- You will need to have permits before you can start construction on the villa. Your architect should be able to procure these for you.
- While you hope that everything goes according to plan with the construction, be prepared for issues to crop up that you will need to resolve.
- It is essential that you take the time to vet the architect and the contractors before hiring them for the job.
- Once the villa is built, you also have to spend money to furnish and decorate it.
- You may also need to have a driveway installed, which may not be under the purview of the contractors who are building the villa.
- Your location will play a huge role in the overall cost of the villa.
- Cleanup costs are typically included in the construction costs.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- Building a villa does not generally fall into the DIY category simply because there are so many tasks involved including preparation of the lot, foundation work, framing, building the villa, plumbing, and electrical work. It is better to hire professionals for all of the tasks associated with the villa.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,767
- Bronx, NY$1,452
- Brooklyn, NY$1,210
- Philadelphia, PA$1,510
- Washington, DC$1,310
- Atlanta, GA$1,185
- Miami, FL$1,078
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,129
- Minneapolis, MN$1,325
- Chicago, IL$1,543
- Houston, TX$1,592
- San Antonio, TX$1,069
- Austin, TX$1,210
- Denver, CO$1,022
- Phoenix, AZ$1,079
- Las Vegas, NV$1,184
- Los Angeles, CA$1,334
- San Diego, CA$1,210
- San Jose, CA$1,462
- Seattle, WA$1,070
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: