How Much Does It Cost To Build A Gazebo?
Build a Gazebo Costs
Just the word gazebo brings a lot of happy thoughts to the minds of those eager to build a gazebo on their property. An outdoor living space can be quite rustic and do little more than serve as a sort of shelter, but it might also be a screened-in space that serves as a two or three-season room with furnishings and even niceties like hot tubs hidden inside.
The most significant factors influencing the cost are the material from which it was made, the size, the complexity of the design, the shape, the roofing, and whether it requires a lot of site prep.
Building a gazebo: 10 feet gazebo.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Materials: wood, metal, vinyl or brick. A standard sized gazebo will require the framing, siding, and supports.||$200-$850 per foot||10||$2,000-$8,500|
|Roofing: traditional shingles, metal, or other options.||$6-$30 per sq.t.||100||$600-$3,000|
|Labor (land preparation)||$120 per foot||10||$1,200|
|Labor (building)||$700 per foot||10||$7,000|
|Total Cost||$1.080-$1,970 per foot||10||$10,800-$19,700|
Other considerations and costs
- Screening in a gazebo is a very wise idea as it ensures that you can make the most out of this outdoor living space throughout an entire spring to fall season. Screening comes in at a cost of $650 or more, and there are also enclosure options (usually glass or plexiglass panels custom made for the structure) that come in at anywhere from $9,000 to $25,000 or more.
- There are many pricey extras that could turn a gazebo into a multi-season space and they include an outdoor bar or kitchen, wiring and outlets, fancy finishes to the concrete or deck, paths and a patio. Costs will range from several hundred for wiring to over $10,000 for an outdoor kitchen.
There is nothing DIY about building a gazebo and it is a project best left to skilled professionals.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$24,497
- Bronx, NY$20,130
- Brooklyn, NY$16,778
- Philadelphia, PA$20,930
- Washington, DC$18,162
- Atlanta, GA$16,432
- Miami, FL$14,945
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$15,655
- Minneapolis, MN$18,365
- Chicago, IL$21,398
- Houston, TX$22,070
- San Antonio, TX$14,815
- Austin, TX$16,775
- Denver, CO$14,174
- Phoenix, AZ$14,954
- Las Vegas, NV$16,413
- Los Angeles, CA$18,493
- San Diego, CA$16,782
- San Jose, CA$20,271
- Seattle, WA$14,840
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: