How Much Does It Cost To Install Artificial Grass?
Artificial Grass Installation Costs
While you might like the look and feel of natural grass, you will find that there are some great benefits with the artificial grass that is available today. One of the biggest benefits is that you will no longer have to spend money watering the lawn. This can cut down on your water usage significantly. It will also keep that beautiful green color all year long.
You will also find that artificial grass installation will help you save quite a bit of time and effort since you will not have to mow it. There are probably other ways that you would like to spend your time. You do not have to worry about weeds or pesticides, artificial grass is long-lasting, and it is both child-friendly and pet-friendly. It could also be helpful for those who have allergies to grass.
Artificial grass installation: 5-once grass for a yard that measures 1,000 square feet.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Artificial grass||$4 per sq.ft.||1,000||$4,000|
|Labor Cost||$5 per sq.ft.||1,000||$5,000|
|Total Cost||$9 per sq.ft.||1,000||$8,000|
Other considerations and costs
- Different types, heights, and weights of artificial grass will have different costs.
- You can find a wide range of different colors for the artificial grass including some colors that do not exist in nature.
- Those who have pets that will be using the yard will want to choose an option that has nonabsorbent fibers, so the grass is not permanently soiled and so it doesn’t retain odors. This will add substantially to the cost of the installation.
- Your location could affect the cost of labor for artificial grass installation.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- You will be able to take care of the artificial grass installation on your own, as long as you have the time and some basic tools.
- You will need to make sure that there is a slope of at least 2% when you are installing the grass so that it will drain properly.
- The base needs to be prepared before applying the artificial grass.
- Those who have large yards, or who do not want to spend the time installing on their own, should hire a professional.
- Choose artificial grass that has UV protection so it does not fade.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Websites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$12,851
- Bronx, NY$10,560
- Brooklyn, NY$8,801
- Philadelphia, PA$10,980
- Washington, DC$9,528
- Atlanta, GA$8,620
- Miami, FL$7,840
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$8,213
- Minneapolis, MN$9,634
- Chicago, IL$11,225
- Houston, TX$11,578
- San Antonio, TX$7,772
- Austin, TX$8,800
- Denver, CO$7,435
- Phoenix, AZ$7,845
- Las Vegas, NV$8,610
- Los Angeles, CA$9,701
- San Diego, CA$8,804
- San Jose, CA$10,634
- Seattle, WA$7,785
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: