How Much Does It Cost To Repair An Aluminum Or Steel Fence?
Aluminum and Steel Fence Repair Costs
Metal fencing only sounds unattractive, and it can actually be quite aesthetically appealing. This is why aluminum and steel fencing is such a popular option. However, even though it is made of highly durable materials, it can succumb to damages of all kinds. When there is a need for aluminum and steel fence repair, it is vital to understand what sorts of repairs are possible and what to expect in terms of average costs.
Aluminum and steel fence repair: by type of repair for 10 linear feet of fence.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Welding aluminum or steel fencing||$30||10||$300|
|Replace a post||$80 each||2||$160|
|Replace a panel of fencing||$8-$20 per linear foot||10||$80-$200|
|Fixing a railing||$15-$70 per linear foot||10||$150-$700|
|Fixing a post||$100-$450 each||2||$200-$900|
Other considerations and costs
- Most metal fencing is set with cement footings, and to repair a fence of any kind may mean removing the old footing and pouring a new one. This is usually a task done at an hourly rate of $40 to $60 per hour.
- Both aluminum and steel fence repairs may also mean painting a fence, which can be quite expensive because of the high amount of prep work required. For example, it will need to be cleaned of all paint, washed and have rust removed and then the actual painting. Most find that costs average $10 per linear foot.
This is a project that can require welding, sanding, painting, and more. It is not a DIY project at any sort of level, and if mistakes are made it may mean calling in the expert to now do repairs on the DIY repairs and the original problems. Because of that, it is best to just get in touch with experts right from the start.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$787
- Bronx, NY$647
- Brooklyn, NY$539
- Philadelphia, PA$673
- Washington, DC$584
- Atlanta, GA$528
- Miami, FL$480
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$503
- Minneapolis, MN$590
- Chicago, IL$688
- Houston, TX$709
- San Antonio, TX$476
- Austin, TX$539
- Denver, CO$455
- Phoenix, AZ$480
- Las Vegas, NV$527
- Los Angeles, CA$594
- San Diego, CA$539
- San Jose, CA$651
- Seattle, WA$477
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: