Adding acoustic ceiling tiles to a room, or to several rooms of the house, is an ideal way to help soundproof a room. Tiles used for the acoustic ceiling are made from different types of material than the usual wall and ceiling materials and tiles, which can help to absorb sound and keep it from escaping the room. There may be many different reasons that you want to soundproof some of the rooms in your home, such as if you are recording audio.
The cost of the materials and labor can vary based on your geographic location, naturally. However, you will find that most of the time, the average cost of acoustic ceiling installation tends to be around $200 or so for a 10’x12’ room.
Acoustic ceiling installation: installing the acoustic ceiling in a room that measures 10’x12’.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Acoustic Ceiling Tiles||$40||2 boxes of 24”x48”||$80|
|Grid Work Materials: Beams||$6||6||$36|
|Grid Work Materials: Cross Tee Sections||$1.50||12 of the 24” cross tee sections||$18|
|Installation Labor Cost||$25 per hour||3 hours||$75|
Other considerations and costs
- Taxes are not included in the costs indicated above.
- Depending on the size of the room and the number of rooms, the amount of materials you will need is going to vary.
- It is possible to install these ceiling tiles on your own, but it is going to require precise gridwork to ensure that the panels are installed properly.
- For many, the work is going to be beyond their skill level, and they are going to want to hire a professional.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.