How Much Does It Cost To Install The Kitchen Cabinets?
Kitchen Cabinets Installation Costs
Whether it is part of a full remodel or just a quick upgrade, kitchen cabinets installation will alter the function and look of any kitchen. Larger kitchens with more cabinetry will always cost more, as will the addition of specialty cabinets and islands, and smaller kitchens run at substantially smaller expenditures – even with premium materials.
Of course, the difference between a new construction installation and cabinet replacement varies, too, with the new installs always less costly due to the lack of any demolition and hauling required. Each cabinet will take 60-90 minutes to install, so you can also expect to pay an hour or two of labor per cabinet that you are installing.
Kitchen cabinets installation: 30 linear feet.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Cabinets: mid-range models.||$120-$280 per linear foot||30||$3,600-$8,400|
|Specialty cabinet: lazy susan.||$300-$850 each||1||$300-$850|
|Sink base cabinet||$300 each||1||$300|
|Molding||$10-$80 per linear foot||30||$300-$2,400|
|Material Cost||$150-$$398.33 per linear foot||30||$4,500-$11,950|
|Labor Costs (removal and disposal)||$55-$85 per cabinet||15||$825-$1,275|
|Labor Cost (installation)||$35-$65 per hour||15||$525-$975|
|Total Cost||$195-$473.33 per linear foot||30||$5,850-$14,200|
Other considerations and costs
- If you choose to hire your own handyman or installer, make sure that tare licensed to do the work.
- Permits and taxes are not included in this estimate, however, the average permit costs are around $400.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- If you are looking to cut costs, consider removing the old cabinets yourself.
- If doing any DIY prior to new cabinet installations, be certain you have the proper tools for the job if you are going to attempt any part of this on your own. If there are electric or water lines, or appliances that need to be relocated, you need to call in a professional.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$16,104
- Bronx, NY$13,233
- Brooklyn, NY$11,029
- Philadelphia, PA$13,759
- Washington, DC$11,939
- Atlanta, GA$10,802
- Miami, FL$9,825
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$10,291
- Minneapolis, MN$12,073
- Chicago, IL$14,066
- Houston, TX$14,509
- San Antonio, TX$9,739
- Austin, TX$11,028
- Denver, CO$9,317
- Phoenix, AZ$9,830
- Las Vegas, NV$10,789
- Los Angeles, CA$12,157
- San Diego, CA$11,032
- San Jose, CA$13,325
- Seattle, WA$9,756
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: