How Much Does It Cost To Install Window Blinds?
Window Blinds Costs
Installing window blinds will have a number of variable costs involved. Primarily, there are a number of different styles of blinds to choose from, including simple one-inch blinds that cost $10 or less and specialty faux wood blinds that can cost as much as $80-$100 per set.
Materials are the biggest expense, by far, of a window blinds installation. Labor costs are minimal, with the average handyman charging $10-$20 per window to install blinds. Many professional crews will even take measurements for you and provide all of the necessary hardware and tools.
Window blinds: eight standard windows that measure 27 inches, including labor and materials.
|Item||Cost Per Window|
|Total Cost for Materials||$64-$1,720|
|Labor costs for eight windows||$80-$160|
|Total Cost for Window Blinds||$144-$1,880|
Other considerations and costs
- The materials available for blinds will impact what you pay for them. For example, aluminum blinds are really cheap, while custom wooden blinds can cost thousands of dollars.
- Motorized blinds are available at a premium cost. This will require individual motors at all windows, with a cost of $30 to $80 each.
- If you’re installing blinds on a lot of windows, ask about buying in bulk. Some stores and installers will offer discounts on large purchases. They may also provide discounts for a full-home install.
- You may be able to install basic blinds on your own, with the right tools. Make sure that you have a measuring tape, level, screwdriver, and a power drill with bits.
- If you have unusually shaped windows, professional installation might be the best choice. Examples include arches, half-circle windows, and other unique designs.
- You can spend a little more on nicer blinds if you do the work yourself. Consider upgrading to custom blinds or a nicer finish material with your savings.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY and arborist Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,622
- Bronx, NY$1,333
- Brooklyn, NY$1,111
- Philadelphia, PA$1,386
- Washington, DC$1,203
- Atlanta, GA$1,088
- Miami, FL$990
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,037
- Minneapolis, MN$1,216
- Chicago, IL$1,417
- Houston, TX$1,462
- San Antonio, TX$981
- Austin, TX$1,111
- Denver, CO$939
- Phoenix, AZ$990
- Las Vegas, NV$1,087
- Los Angeles, CA$1,225
- San Diego, CA$1,111
- San Jose, CA$1,343
- Seattle, WA$983
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: