How Much Does It Cost To Install A Wainscoting?
Wainscoting Installation Costs
Whether you are building a new home or you are remodeling your current home, wainscoting can be a great option to consider. The paneling, which could be made from a range of different materials, will be installed from the baseboard partway up the wall. It can be used in many different rooms to great effect.
Wainscoting installation can provide some great benefits. It will help to provide protection for the walls from various types of damage. It is also easy to clean, so you can keep your walls looking spotless. The aesthetics of wainscoting can provide your home with a beautiful, classic look, as well. Many people choose to have wainscoting installed in areas that have a lot of traffic to help keep the walls cleaner. It is also helpful for those who have small children who put their hands on the walls.
Wainscoting installation: 10’ x 10’ room where the red oak wainscoting rises 3’ from the baseboard.
|Wainscoting panels||$13.20 per sq.ft.||100||$1,320|
|Job supplies||$120 per job||1||$120|
|Material Cost||$14.40 per sq.ft.||100||$1,440|
|Labor||$90 per hour||12||$1,080|
|Total Cost||$25.30 per sq.ft.||100||$2,530|
Other considerations and costs
- Those who want to have custom wainscoting will find that the costs can go up substantially.
- The style and the complexity of the design can add to costs, as can the finishes, and the types of wood that is being used. Certain options, such as Cherry will cost up to three times that of a veneer.
- Using vinyl or plastic wainscoting can help to keep the costs down.
- Painting the wainscoting will add to the cost.
- Wainscoting can help to make a home easier to sell thanks to the classic look it offers.
- Wainscoting installation is possible on your own. However, those who have never done it before might find that it takes more time than they realized.
- You will also need to have all of the correct tools and supplies before you begin.
- Make sure that you have measured properly and that you have plenty of the paneling to cover the area that you need.
- To save money, you can paint the wainscoting on your own rather than hiring someone to do it.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$4,064
- Bronx, NY$3,340
- Brooklyn, NY$2,783
- Philadelphia, PA$3,472
- Washington, DC$3,013
- Atlanta, GA$2,726
- Miami, FL$2,479
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$2,597
- Minneapolis, MN$3,047
- Chicago, IL$3,550
- Houston, TX$3,662
- San Antonio, TX$2,458
- Austin, TX$2,783
- Denver, CO$2,351
- Phoenix, AZ$2,481
- Las Vegas, NV$2,723
- Los Angeles, CA$3,068
- San Diego, CA$2,784
- San Jose, CA$3,363
- Seattle, WA$2,462
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: