Imagine how great it would be to have your own tennis court. It could be a fantastic way to get some more exercise and to add value to your property. A tennis court installation could be a great option for those residential owners who have the space available, as well as for apartment complexes and similar properties. Of course, you will want to make sure that you understand the basics of just how much it is likely to cost to install a tennis court.
Because there are so many variables with the type of surface that you are using, along with the location and the size of the tennis court, the costs are naturally going to vary. The current average for the cost of building a basic tennis court is generally going to be between $25,000 and $50,000. For those who want to have a high-end court, the cost is naturally going to be higher – between $100,000 and $200,000.
Tennis court: 2,808 sq. ft. tennis court installation using asphalt as the surface.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Asphalt||$8.73 per square foot||2,808 sq. ft.||$24,513.84|
|Painting||$36 per hour||12||$432|
|Labor Costs||$36 per hour||240||$8,640|
Other considerations and costs
- Think about the cost of the amenities that you might want to have on the tennis court, such as lighting, fencing, backboards, scorekeeping unit, and landscaping.
- Permits and taxes are not included in these costs.
- Other factors that can affect the overall cost of the tennis court installation include the composition of the court, the size, the site preparation, such as clearing and grading, and the location.
- The installation of a tennis court is a large job, and it requires precision in order to ensure a flat court.
- It also requires that you have the right equipment and materials to handle the job on your own.
- This is not a project that is typically recommended for DIY.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.