How Much Does It Cost To Pressure Wash A House?
House Pressure Washing Costs
Pressure washing is a great way to remove stubborn dirt and grime from a lot of areas. The cost of a pressure washing service will depend on how much area there is to be cleaned, who is doing the work, and whether any prep or special elements are involved in the process. Don’t forget to calculate the water usage in your budget for pressure washing. It won’t take a lot of money, but it will add to the cost.
Materials for preparing your house and its surfaces will also be factored into the cost of pressure washing. You will have to pay for things like tapes, cleaners, repair products, and more. If mold or mildew is present, you will need to invest in chemicals to remove them, as well.
House pressure washing1,200 square foot house, preparation and materials.
|Pressure wash driveway||$60|
|Roof pressure washing||$120-$300|
|Deck or patio washing||$60-$200|
Other considerations and costs
- You can also ask a pressure washing service about discounts for package services.
- If your home has painted siding, was it built before 1970? If so, make sure that it is tested for lead paint before pressure washing because that can cause lead exposure.
- Make sure that you remove any and all decor and fixtures that may come off during the pressure washing process. Screens and shutters, obviously, should be fine, but take down decorative signs, landscaping features, and other items that could get damaged.
- If you have a tall two-story house, even with a powerful pressure washer, you may also need to invest in a ladder or scaffolding to be able to reach the second floor.
- If you rent a pressure washer and complete the job before your time is up, you might want to consider sprucing up other areas of the home. Cleaning the driveway and walkway only takes about an hour. You can even pressure wash the deck to make it look like new again, and get moss and mildew off of your roof.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY and arborist Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,261
- Bronx, NY$1,036
- Brooklyn, NY$864
- Philadelphia, PA$1,077
- Washington, DC$935
- Atlanta, GA$846
- Miami, FL$769
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$806
- Minneapolis, MN$945
- Chicago, IL$1,101
- Houston, TX$1,136
- San Antonio, TX$763
- Austin, TX$864
- Denver, CO$730
- Phoenix, AZ$770
- Las Vegas, NV$845
- Los Angeles, CA$952
- San Diego, CA$864
- San Jose, CA$1,043
- Seattle, WA$764
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: