Concrete Equipment Pad Costs
Concrete is a common material choice for an exterior equipment pad.
You will find that the cost to install average concrete pad depends upon material and finish grade, surface area and material volume, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Equipment pad: 500 sq.ft. and adequate for vehicle parking; include costs for miscellaneous material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Concrete pad: excavate, prepare, pour, and broom finish 500 sq.ft. of 4" thick concrete slab with rebar, wire mesh, and aggregate/sand base. Include 20 feet of pad access ramp-header.||$3.39||per sq.ft.||525||$1,781|
|Upgrade: additional cost to install an 8" thick slab.||$2.75||per sq.ft.||525||$1,446|
|Material Cost||$6.45||per sq.ft.||500||$3,226|
|+ Labor Cost (base)||$36||per hour||18||$648|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade)||$36||per hour||12||$432|
|Total Cost||$8.61||per sq.ft.||500||$4,306|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate service area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Additional hand-excavation of typical soil will cost around $50 per cubic yard.
- Typical additional residential site clearing and preparation tasks range in cost from $0.50 to $1.50 per sq.ft. depending on amount and size of material, and transport.
- These flatwork examples do not include engineering attention to curves or inclines.
- This project is somewhat suitable for DIY with a good set of tools and skills.
- Beyond construction skills, realize that concrete is unforgiving of delay as it dries.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to install concrete equipment pad in my city
Cost to install concrete equipment pad varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices range from $1,781 (500 sq.ft. concrete equipment pad - DIY) to $4,306 (500 sq.ft. concrete equipment pad - upgraded) and also vary depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: