Concrete Sidewalk Costs
Concrete is a common material choice for an exterior sidewalk.
You will find that the cost to install average sidewalk depends upon material and finish grade, surface area and material volume, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Sidewalk: 200 feet of perimeter sidewalk around a 2,500 sq.ft. house footprint; include costs for miscellaneous material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Concrete sidewalk: excavate, prepare, pour, and broom finish 200 linear feet of 48" wide by 3" thick slab with rebar, wire mesh, and aggregate/sand base.||$9.53||per foot||200||$1,907|
|Upgrade: earth tone color and pavers-embossing.||$1.67||per foot||200||$334|
|Material Cost||$11.20||per foot||200||$2,241|
|+ Labor Cost (base)||$36||per hour||40||$1,440|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade)||$36||per hour||10||$360|
|Total Cost||$20.20||per foot||200||$4,041|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate service area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Additional hand-excavation of typical soil will cost around $50 per cubic yard.
- Typical additional residential site clearing and preparation tasks range in cost from $0.50 to $1.50 per sq.ft. depending on amount and size of material, and transport.
- These flatwork examples do not include engineering attention to curves or inclines.
- This project is somewhat suitable for DIY with a good set of tools and skills.
- Beyond construction skills, realize that concrete is unforgiving of delay as it dries.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to install concrete sidewalk in my city
Cost to install concrete sidewalk varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices ranges from $1,907 (800 sq.ft. concrete sidewalk - DIY) to $4,041 (800 sq.ft. concrete sidewalk - upgraded) and also varies depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: