How Much Does It Cost To Install A Fiberglass Pool?
Fiberglass Pool Costs
Fiberglass is a common choice for in-ground pool material. It is manufactured and delivered as a one-piece insert. In-ground pools typically require excavation and removal work, followed by onsite construction activity.
The cost to install an average fiberglass pool depends upon material and finish grade, finished surface area and material volume, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
In-ground pool: excavate and remove soil; build a 12' x 24' pool; include 20 mile transport range, material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Fiberglass insert: depth 3' to 6' sloped; 612 sq.ft. finished surface, 288 sq.ft. footprint; with 6" x 6" tile border, pump, filter, piping, and 120V switch.||$37||per sq.ft.||655||$23,967|
|Upgrade flatwork: additional cost to install 4" thick x 4' wide perimeter walkway and a 20' x 12' patio slab.||$3.23||per sq.ft.||642||$2,074|
|Upgrade fence: additional cost to install vinyl picket security fence; 5' tall x walkway + patio perimeter; concrete post placement; self-closing gate.||$15.71||per foot||143||$2,244|
|+ Labor Cost (build pool)||$34||per hour||120||$4,080|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade flatwork)||$34||per hour||24||$816|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade fence)||$34||per hour||14||$476|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Typical additional residential site clearing and preparation tasks range in cost from $0.50 to $1.50 per sq.ft. depending on amount and size of material, and transport.
- These pool examples do not include engineering attention to customization.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- In-ground pools leave little DIY opportunity, other than upgrade accessories.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$45,054
- Bronx, NY$37,022
- Brooklyn, NY$30,856
- Philadelphia, PA$38,494
- Washington, DC$33,403
- Atlanta, GA$30,221
- Miami, FL$27,486
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$28,792
- Minneapolis, MN$33,776
- Chicago, IL$39,353
- Houston, TX$40,591
- San Antonio, TX$27,248
- Austin, TX$30,852
- Denver, CO$26,067
- Phoenix, AZ$27,502
- Las Vegas, NV$30,186
- Los Angeles, CA$34,012
- San Diego, CA$30,864
- San Jose, CA$37,281
- Seattle, WA$27,294
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: