How Much Does It Cost To Install A Stamped Concrete Driveway?
Stamped Concrete Driveway Costs
Putting in a stamped concrete driveway involves a number of tasks and costs, with the biggest factor in pricing being the size of the driveway that you want to have installed. Stamped concrete comes in a number of textures and colors, with the most expensive designs featuring unique accents and multiple patterns.
These driveways are popular because they offer a more affordable alternative to stone or tile, and they are nicer than a standard concrete or asphalt-paved driveway. Stamped concrete can even be textured to mimic other stone materials.
Stamped concrete driveway: 500 sq.ft. stamped concrete driveway.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Materials: including concrete, forms, patterns and finish, delivery, cleanup and removal materials, and related costs.||$3.20-$3.80 per sq.ft.||500||$1,600-$1,900|
|Excavation and grading||$5-$7 per sq.ft.||500||$2,500-$3,500|
|Labor Cost||$55 per hour||65||$3,575|
|Total Cost||$15.35-$17.95 per sq.ft.||$7,675-$8,975|
Other considerations and costs
- This estimate is based on mid-range materials and finishes. If you choose a higher-end finish or higher-quality material, you will incur a higher cost on your project totals.
- Removal of your old driveway is typically included in the quoted excavation or other labor. Make sure that you inquire about this charge if it is not explicitly listed. Some companies will charge a separate fee if you need your existing driveway removed.
- Stamped concrete can be much more easily damaged by de-icers that are used during winter months. Use specialty ice melt products that are designed for safe use to avoid this issue.
- Although stamped concrete is more expensive to install initially, it can be more economical in the long run because it requires less maintenance and has a longer lifespan.
- You can save on demolition or excavation costs by installing stamped concrete over existing concrete if the material is still in good condition. Ask your service providers when you are getting estimates if this interests you.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
Concrete work is never a DIY job. This requires heavy equipment and specialty tools, as well as technical detail work that takes a trained professional. Always hire experienced concrete companies that can provide you with a portfolio of their previous work so that you can see how their results look.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$13,365
- Bronx, NY$10,983
- Brooklyn, NY$9,153
- Philadelphia, PA$11,419
- Washington, DC$9,909
- Atlanta, GA$8,965
- Miami, FL$8,154
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$8,541
- Minneapolis, MN$10,020
- Chicago, IL$11,674
- Houston, TX$12,041
- San Antonio, TX$8,083
- Austin, TX$9,152
- Denver, CO$7,733
- Phoenix, AZ$8,158
- Las Vegas, NV$8,954
- Los Angeles, CA$10,089
- San Diego, CA$9,156
- San Jose, CA$11,059
- Seattle, WA$8,097
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: