How Much Does It Cost To Install Asphalt Equipment Pad?
Asphalt Equipment Pad Costs
Asphalt is a common material choice for an exterior equipment pad.
You will find that the cost to install an average asphalt pad depends upon material and finish grade, surface area and material volume, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Equipment pad: 500 sq.ft. and adequate for vehicle parking; include costs for miscellaneous material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Asphalt pad: excavate, prepare, spread, tamp, and sealant finish 500 sq.ft. of 3" thick asphalt slab with aggregate/sand base and 20 feet of pad access header.||$2.41||per sq.ft.||525||$1,267|
|Upgrade: additional cost to install 6" thick asphalt atop 6" aggregate base.||$1.99||per sq.ft.||525||$1,045|
|Material Cost||$4.62||per sq.ft.||500||$2,312|
|+ Labor Cost (base)||$36||per hour||16||$576|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade)||$36||per hour||12||$432|
|Total Cost||$6.64||per sq.ft.||500||$3,320|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Additional hand-excavation of typical soil will cost around $50 per cubic yard.
- Typical additional residential site clearing and preparation tasks range in cost from $0.50 to $1.50 per sq.ft. depending on amount and size of material, and transport.
- These flatwork examples do not include engineering attention to curves or inclines.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- This project is not highly suitable for DIY requiring a special set of tools and skills.
- Beyond construction skills, asphalt is applied hot and delays can cause poor results.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$2,961
- Bronx, NY$2,433
- Brooklyn, NY$2,028
- Philadelphia, PA$2,529
- Washington, DC$2,195
- Atlanta, GA$1,986
- Miami, FL$1,806
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,892
- Minneapolis, MN$2,219
- Chicago, IL$2,586
- Houston, TX$2,667
- San Antonio, TX$1,790
- Austin, TX$2,027
- Denver, CO$1,713
- Phoenix, AZ$1,807
- Las Vegas, NV$1,984
- Los Angeles, CA$2,235
- San Diego, CA$2,028
- San Jose, CA$2,450
- Seattle, WA$1,793
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: