How Much Does It Cost To Install A Porcelain Tile Shower?
Porcelain Tile Shower Costs
If you are hoping to improve the aesthetics of your bathroom, one of the best ways to do it is by installing a porcelain tile shower. The shower can be created in a range of styles and with various designs to work well with the décor you have in the rest of the bathroom. Porcelain not only looks great, but it is easy to keep clean and easy to maintain.
Porcelain tiles are highly durable, and they are also easy to clean because they are nonporous. You will want to make sure that you clean them at least once a week to ensure that they continue to look great for many years. Keep in mind that different types of porcelain tiles, such as whether they are glazed or textured, will have their own techniques for cleaning them properly.
Porcelain tile shower installation: porcelain tile shower surround that is 80 square feet overall and that requires removal of the old shower tile.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Porcelain tiles and supplies for installation||$9 per sq.ft.||80||$720|
|Labor Costs (installation)||$75 per hour||12||$900|
|Labor Cost (removal of old tile)||$75 per hour||4||$300|
|Total Cost||$24 per sq.ft.||80||$1,920|
Other considerations and costs
- During the removal of the old shower, there could be other issues found with the plumbing, the walls, etc. These will need repair before the installation of the porcelain tile shower, which adds to the cost of the project.
- The design of the shower and whether it is simple or complicated will affect the cost, as well.
- The addition of a backing board can help to reduce the chance of water damage. When factoring in the installation, it will add several hundred dollars to the cost.
- You may want to buy the tile and materials before hiring the contractor, which can help to reduce the cost.
- The installation of a porcelain tile shower is delicate work that needs a certain degree of expertise to do properly. DIY is generally not advisable for this type of work.
- If you have the tools, you may be able to remove the old tile, which can cut down on your overall costs.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Websites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$3,084
- Bronx, NY$2,534
- Brooklyn, NY$2,112
- Philadelphia, PA$2,635
- Washington, DC$2,287
- Atlanta, GA$2,069
- Miami, FL$1,882
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,971
- Minneapolis, MN$2,312
- Chicago, IL$2,694
- Houston, TX$2,779
- San Antonio, TX$1,865
- Austin, TX$2,112
- Denver, CO$1,784
- Phoenix, AZ$1,883
- Las Vegas, NV$2,066
- Los Angeles, CA$2,328
- San Diego, CA$2,113
- San Jose, CA$2,552
- Seattle, WA$1,868
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: