How Much Does It Cost To Install Copper Gutter?
Copper Gutter Costs
Gutters are installed at the roof edge in order to collect rainwater and direct it to the ground via downspouts.
You will find that the cost to install average copper gutter depends upon material and finish grade, length, width, fittings, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Gutter installation: 150 feet with 4 corners and 4 downspouts on a single story home; include all material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Copper box gutter: install sections of 5" copper gutter, including hangers, couplers, and touch up. Include 4 corners and 4 outlet fittings.||$12.38||per foot||161||$1,986|
|Downspout: 10' sections, 2" x 3" rectangle or round.||$125.40||each||4||$502|
|Downspout accessories: for each downspout; anchors, hardware, 3 ells, 1 splashblock.||$84.15||each||4||$337|
|Remove and dispose: 150 feet of gutter; include transport and non-hazardous dump fees.||$45||per CY||3||$135|
|Material Cost||$19.73||per foot||150||$2,960|
|+ Labor Cost (remove)||$32||per hour||6||$192|
|+ Labor Cost (replace)||$38||per hour||14||$532|
|Total Cost||$24.56||per foot||150||$3,684|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Copper requires no maintenance, its finish-brightness burnishes darker with time.
- A two-story home will require additional downspout sections listed above, and may add safety rigging cost and 10% more man-hours.
- Gutter cleaning service costs around $75, some regions demand 3 services per year.
- Vinyl gutter guards that snap in place cost from $1 to $3 per foot.
- Gutter heating-tape material is available to prevent gutter freezing situations.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- This project is not suitable for DIY requiring a special set of copper tools and skills.
- The work is atop ladders or scaffold that may require safety measures.
- Installation imperfections will negatively affect curb-appeal.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$5,393
- Bronx, NY$4,431
- Brooklyn, NY$3,693
- Philadelphia, PA$4,607
- Washington, DC$3,998
- Atlanta, GA$3,617
- Miami, FL$3,290
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$3,446
- Minneapolis, MN$4,043
- Chicago, IL$4,710
- Houston, TX$4,858
- San Antonio, TX$3,261
- Austin, TX$3,693
- Denver, CO$3,120
- Phoenix, AZ$3,292
- Las Vegas, NV$3,613
- Los Angeles, CA$4,071
- San Diego, CA$3,694
- San Jose, CA$4,462
- Seattle, WA$3,267
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: