Vinyl Roll Flooring Costs
Flooring material is that which covers the floor structure and creates the floor surface.
You will find that the cost to install average vinyl roll flooring depends upon material and finish grade, surface area, preparation and special requirements, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Replace flooring: of a 2,500 sq.ft. home with partitions and 500 linear feet of baseboard; remove and dispose existing flooring; include miscellaneous material and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|New flooring: install 2,500 sq.ft. of mid-grade vinyl roll flooring and 500 linear feet of matching baseboard.||$1.56||per sq.ft.||2,625||$4,095|
|Upgrade: additional cost to install high range material||$1.29||per sq.ft.||2,625||$3,391|
|Removal: remove 2,500 sq.ft. of carpet and underlayment, prepare for transport; strip to wood floor.||$0.01||per sq.ft.||2,500||$26|
|Disposal: transport and non-hazardous dump fees.||$45||per CY||10||$450|
|Fees and Material Cost||$3.18||per sq.ft.||2,500||$7,962|
|+ Labor Cost (remove and dispose)||$32||per hour||16||$512|
|+ Labor Cost (flooring)||$36||per hour||93||$3,348|
|Total Cost||$4.73||per sq.ft.||2,500||$11,822|
Other considerations and costs
- Preparation is limited to an undamaged floor in good condition to be replaced.
- These prices are for service in the immediate service area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- This project is suitable for DIY with common set of tools and skills.
- Partial DIY is also possible by taking on the task of remove and dispose, leaving the installation to a professional.
- The work area must be free of all furniture and other objects.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to install vinyl roll flooring in my city
Cost to install vinyl roll flooring varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices range from $4,571 (2,500 sq.ft. home, mid-range vinyl roll flooring - DIY) to $11,822 (2,500 sq.ft. home, high-range vinyl roll flooring) and also vary depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: