We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Name, email address, phone number, physical address, and (depending on the service used) company information;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as estimate requests);
- contact information you provide;
- other information from your interaction with the Site including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information;
You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- to contact you about services on our site, to allow other members of the site to contact you, and/or inform you about service professionals you have been matched with;
- operate the Site and provide customer support;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- customize, measure and improve our services, and content;
- tell you about service updates based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third party sources, such as a "reverse-lookup" ID verification service.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We will disclose personal information to service providers who request such information to contact you in connection to an estimate request. When services are requested in a geographic location that we do not service, we will need to share your information, including your name, email address and phone number, with a third party contractor network. This third party may use your information to match you with contractors in your area as well as for their promotional purposes.
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Our independent third-party contractors who help with our business operations. For example, we may share your name and email address to an email service provider in order for them to send an email to you on our behalf. Companies that perform services for our site are prohibited from using the information for their own promotional use.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, Screen Name history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity. If Fixr is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record-keeping purposes. We link the information we store in cookies to help identify you and maintain your signed-in status.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services and content, and promote trust and safety. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file.
We set a persistent cookie to store your password, so you don't have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some or all of our sites or services.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
Make sure to set your notification preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. We do not send promotional emails, such as newsletters, to our users. We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, when you first register to use our site we will send you an email requiring you to confirm your account activation.
If you have registered to use our site as a service provider you will receive email alerts from other users requesting your services. If you have registered to use our site in order to request the service of a contractor, third parties may contact you in order to offer their services.
Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
You are not licensed to add other users, even a user with whom you've engaged in a transaction, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Fixr-related spam or spoof emails, please forward the email to email@example.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms and Conditions. We may scan and filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us using one of the methods listed under the Contact Us section below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
You can post comments using a third-party sign-in service. This service will authenticate your identity give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Links to Other Sites
Our Web site contains links from and to other Web sites. Please be aware that the Site is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other Web sites. We encourage our users to be aware of this when they leave our Web site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Site.
Your information is stored on our servers, which may be located within or outside the United States. We treat data as an asset to be protected and use a number of tools to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we strive to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Mailing address: FIXR, Inc - 2711 Centerville Rd #120 - Wilmington, DE 19808
If you would like to speak with a customer service representative please call us at (866) 953-5377
Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org